|Posted by [email protected] on January 16, 2017 at 1:45 PM||comments (0)|
343 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3801
Representative Lewis, You did so much for racial integration across this great country.
Why now do you choose to further exacerbate the practice of division that has taken hold and metastasized so deeply throughout our society over the past eight (8) years?. Do you not see yourself as undoing all the good work you did early in your political career. Did you not hear President Elect Donald Trump say, time and again that his goal and hope is to make "America Great Again" for ALL AMERICANS? Why then have you chosen to step up at this time in an effort to derail that idea and squelch such hope? So now you have declared to skip this inauguration.
Have you given any thought that in doing so you are slighting some who elected you to your current office. Do you only represent the democrats that elected you or is it your job to represent all of your constituents? Did you stop to think for one moment that there may have been conservatives, republicans, independents and legally confirmed immigrants who took part in electing to office over was was a distinguished career. So, Donald Trump will soon be inaugurated President of the United States. This will be but one of 45 such inaugurations, a great. monumental testimony of how America works. It is a shame that you will not be there. I for one am an American who is sorry you feel that way. It makes me sad that you will not join in this great American tradition.
Author Kenny Werner, makes this introductory point in his book Effortless Mastery.... ""There is an ocean. It is an ocean of consciousness, an ocean of bliss. Each one of us is a drop in the ocean. In that sense, we are all one - or as a famous American television commercial states, "We are all connected." Illusion would have us think that we are all separate entities, separate drops. But if that were true, we would all evaporate rather quickly."" Representative Lewis, I pray that you will reconsider, Attend the 45th inauguration in the spirit and hope for a consolidation of American consciousness that we so badly need to UNITE the UNITED States of America. It's your choice - remain connected to everyone in attendance or simply evaporate!. Either way, may God bless you for your previous service to this great nation.
[your town and zip]
[your phone or mobile]
|Posted by [email protected] on October 23, 2016 at 4:30 PM|
DONALD J. TRUMP CONTRACT WITH THE AMERICAN VOTER
What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter – and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington
Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:
● FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
● SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);
● THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
● FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
● FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
● SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections
On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:
● FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205
● SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
● THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator
● FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately
● FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
● SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward
● SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure
Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:
● FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama
● SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States
● THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities
● FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back
● FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.
Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:
1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
2. End The Offshoring Act Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to gives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local
This is my pledge to you.
And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.
|Posted by [email protected] on August 12, 2014 at 12:05 AM||comments (0)|
“Ya Wanna Buy a Computer”
With almost 40 years customer facing experience in the computer industry serving end users and all the channels that reach them, I herby self proclaim to be the unofficial expert in many aspects of that business.
Those that know me will attest that this is new wrinkle in my persona. I have never proclaimed to be the expert in anything in my career. Perhaps I should have started sooner but as they say, “we will sell no wine before it's time".
I instead followed my dad’s advice regarding self-importance to, “stick your finger in a glass of water, pull it out and see where the hole goes”. At this point in my life though, I thought it wise to lay down for all to ingest my experiences, observations, thoughts and suggestions for anyone seeking hints and viewpoints on what it takes to succeed in the computer business.
Please know that everything contained in this blog is based on real, therefore tested experience. There is no theory here and an MBA will not be required to understand or make actionable any of these concepts and activities.
There will be many perspectives on Sales, Services, Marketing and Markets, Customers (good, bad, global & local) Organizational Dynamics (internal and external), channels, partnerships and relationships. Everything told here will be from the perspective of a foot soldier in the trenches, where the rubber meets the road, where creativity gets the job done either in concert with or working around corporate strategies and management edicts.
Where there is agreement or otherwise on what is written here, please know the path chosen was always in the best interest of the Customer. It takes guts to “stick to your guns” on behalf of the Customer. Careers have been ruined for doing the same but your reputation in your industry will remain unscathed. True, one can be “duped” by a party void of certain ethics. In the case of that Customer, you are either not calling high enough or you are dealing with a company best left to your most deserving competitor. In the case of your employer (there are unethical people there too) confront the source and document. No matter the size and scope of your cherished employer, the prominence of their brand and all those award trips to foreign lands, PEOPLE BUY FROM PEOPLE.
When your personal brand is tarnished, either through your doing or your company’s you are done with that customer (or should I say they are done with you).
My two rules of personal sales engagement, with credits to…
Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) – DO THE RIGHT THING
DEC & Sun Microsystems – ACT NOW AND BEG FORGIVENESS LATER (aka “the Jesuit Principle)
Next Blog… “Super Glue and that String on Your Chin”
|Posted by [email protected] on October 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM||comments (0)|
The Technology Adoption Lifecycle is alive and well in the realm of Server Side NAND flash technology. The Innovators and Early Adopters have completed their mission. PCIe based NAND flash has come of age.
If you have an interest in deploying PCIe based NAND flash in your product or in your IT departments, the time is now to evaluate, plan, justify and budget for implementation. Significant business benefits await for those who act now.
Early adoption is over. If you came to see that movie you will have to find the DVD. But there is good news. The early adopters have paved the way. Those brave souls discovered that traditional off-the-shelf servers placed limitations on server side flash deployment. Many discovered that too few PCIe slots, insufficient internal power that cause NAND flash to throttle back or, sufficient number of PCIe slots with insufficient cooling all were impediments to worry free implementation. Others designed from the ground up for specific applications leveraging NAND flash to deliver a high performance single purpose appliance.
A new server company, Five9 Network Systems recognized early on the need for a general-purpose open system server designed specifically for PCIe NAND flash. The key word in this regard is optimized. Their innovation around PCIe NAND flash began eighteen months ago with the introduction of a server designed in response to those seeking to leverage the full value of their investments in PCIe NAND flash while maximizing rack density. The results were nothing short of amazing. Configuring the NAND flash optimized server with four (4) 5 TB Fusion-io PCIe NAND flash cards called Octals, the two Intel Westmere 6 core processors were pegged at 100% utilization and the S2220 delivered 2.7 million IOPS – all in a slim 2RU package! The need for such general purpose open systems server platforms optimized for PCIe based flash for the OEM, Corporate IT Departments and the Cloud with deployment becomminc common place at many major data centers, worldwide.
EMC, NetApp and IBM have all recently announced significant investments in PCIe based NAND flash. EMC through their acquisition of XtremeIO as well as the EMC launch of their Project Lightning. NetApp is now selling software that uses NAND flash in its arrays to increase the performance of servers claiming a 90% increase in NetApp server performance through the addition of PCIe flash cache. We think the ultimate blessing on server side NAND flash to be IBM’s most recent announcement to acquire Texas Memory Systems. The IBM announcement should be viewed as a Carte Blanche inauguration of server side PCIe based NAND flash.
As for Intel, their contribution opens the floodgates and began in early 2012 with the launch of their Sandy Bridge microarchitecture that increased the number of PCIe lanes from 32 up to 80 and doubled the bandwidth of PCIe 2.0 to PCIe 3.0. The expressway has been widened and PCIe NAND flash will rule the road. Clearly- the time is now.
Deployment of server side PCIe NAND flash is rapidly advancing to mainstream and those with expertise in deployment of the new disruptive technology like Five9NS are welll positioned to help make the leap forward.